Cora's First Haircut

Miss Cordelia was born with a head full of hair, much to her father's chagrin. He was really gunning for a bald baby, and I thought we had a pretty good shot at it seeing as how I was essentially bald until 18 months. At our last growth ultrasound (you know, the one where they told me that my belly wasn't even on the charts for a singleton?), they told me that not only was my daughter head down and large, but she had a very full head of hair. And hair there was!

4 weeks old
We love her little head of hair, but over the past few months it's transformed from a dark, full head of hair to a mullet with a rat tail and a bald spot. The new growth is coming in a beautiful auburn color, and a bald spot is slowly growing hair as a result of her new sitting skills, but the rat tail just kept on growing.

2 Months and a lot of hair!

Almost 3 months and the bald spot grows!

4 months and super thin

4.5 months and the new growth starts coming in

I fought it for weeks, but it was time. We were heading to southern CA in any case, and I was going to see my stylist who has been cutting my hair since I was 13. He did my hair for my wedding (Thanks Brian!), so I figured it was only appropriate that he be the first one to touch my daughter's precious mullet. Honestly, it was the only way I could bring myself to take her in. I'm so happy it worked out.



 
 
Nana and Pops came along for the show and took pictures (Thanks Gregsons!). And I held my drooling 5 month old for her first haircut. She had a little audience in the salon.



I may or may not have held back tears.


She did so well though, and honestly, it looks so much better.








She's all grown up now and stuff. Sitting on her own, getting her first haircut, and her first tooth later that afternoon. Excuse me while I go search for my baby, she seems to have left the building.



No comments:

Post a Comment